Has any one had a porcupine puffer fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes. Super cool as long as you have a large enough tank, suitable tankmates and have good filtration (they are messy eaters and put out a lot of waste). Make sure you read up on their requirements before getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

We have had one for over a month now, and love the personality of him. He is as mentioned above a messy eater, almost taking the food out of your hand when feeding. We have had problems with acclimating new tank mates to him and must divide our tank in half with clear divider so puffer gets used to them first and doesn't see them as food right off the bat. I suggest making sure you have done your research on up keep and compatibility with other fishes before you get him and realize you can't get other fish that you wanted. I am still very new to the SW's, but have enjoyed him very much.

I have a 700l tank I think I've got away with the right size tank just! (In being to small) I've read up on porcupines a few times so I know they are quite a hardy fish and what they are prone to ect :) I know people that have puffers with other big fish ie lions tangs' ect. I have a big sump with uv' skimmer' bio balls ect so I think that's ok for filtration. My tank has been up and running for over a year now so it's matured also with live rock in it. I just wanted to see if anyone was to mention anything I haven't read that maybe a bad thing. Do u have a pic of your puffer? Do u find it hard keeping up with feeding it?

I loved mine and fed him shrimp and scallops with the shell on. He devoured all my snails and crabs in the tank tho.

Back
Top Bottom