Help with Radion program

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JurisHP

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm hoping to get some good advice from the group. I have a 180g mixed reef tank. My parameters are where they should be and are very stable. I'm a HUGE Zoa fan, but for the life of me, I can't keep them thriving! I've determined that my lighting is the culprit (3 Radion XR30 Pro's). I've fried so many colonies and it's killing me (and them!). Can anyone who has a similar set-up share their lighting program so I can stop frying my Zoas? I'd be very grateful. I control the lights via apex (not ESL), and Ecotech's Coral Labs are of no benefit! Help!

What settings and schedule are you running now?
There is a schedule you can download called john's graph that is pretty effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I just switched to 2 XR30's.
I have been running 2 165W LED's (Chinese brand) and my zoas had been thriving under them. I thought that would be too much light but they loved it.

Sent from my iPhone6 Plus using Tapatalk

But what are we talking in terms of intensity? If the taotronics were going at 65% and the radeons are at 100% it is very stressful.

What settings and schedule are you running now?
There is a schedule you can download called john's graph that is pretty effective.

where can I get John's graph?

I don't remember where I got it from. I'm sure that a google search would bring it up. I replaced it when I added the reeflink to my system and started using a simple bell curve to the lighting on the system. I run them at about 75% intensity. It is basically the same thing that John's graph was, but his ramped up in more of a spike rather than a casual increase.
What do you have going on now? Everything might be fine, it just sounds like the intensity the lights are running at compared to the previous.

The Taos were running 100% on the blue channel and 75% on the white channel.
I'm running the Radions on Radiant Color program template peaking at 83%.
So far, so good!

Sent from my iPhone6 Plus using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom