high nutirnts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

craig_will2513

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi all iv been told that my algea problems are mainly due to high nuitrients.. can some one tell m what this means what are they is it nitrate and nitrite

I believe that nutrients in an aquarium compile overtime due to overfeeding or lack of water changes. Excessive nutrients in an aquarium could certainly lead to nitrate problems.

I hope this is helpful! :)

I'm butting in.. How often do you recommend water changes, and how much water? I can't keep the algae off the glass.

I'm butting in.. How often do you recommend water changes, and how much water? I can't keep the algae off the glass.

I personally would recommend completing a 20% water change weekly (could be a little less), but the amount of water you change can also depend on the species you keep. :)

I'm keeping soft and Lps corals, and I like to keep the water with a good amount of nutrient in it. Although I am running a fuge with macro algae, dsb and a algae turf scrubber. The reason I want a small amount of algae to grow in the tank is for my lawnmower blenny and tangs to graze. I would say 10% water change every week week and a half and cut feeding to every other day.

Back
Top Bottom