how much sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Wondering how much sand I might need to get a decent sand bed in my 58G its 36"x18" Also what type to get?

Interesting. Sand is cheaper than I thought it was going to be haha. I had fine sand last time around and found it very hard to vacum... LFS told me to vacum it is that wrong? Seems to me it shouldnt be touched once established with a nice cleaner crew but what do I know haha.

Interesting. Sand is cheaper than I thought it was going to be haha. I had fine sand last time around and found it very hard to vacum... LFS told me to vacum it is that wrong? Seems to me it shouldnt be touched once established with a nice cleaner crew but what do I know haha.

hmm should not vacum and make the water cloudy,
you can blow the dirty thing at the bottom and siphon them out.

cuz there is no reason to vacum the sand, the sand will get suck out and u will have to put it back to the tank which make the water cloudy and stress your happ fishes.

Aragonite has benefits over PFS for it's buffering capacity. Use dry though, the live stuff is more expensive and not beneficial.

Personally I do run a vacuum over just the surface of mine occassionally.

Back
Top Bottom