I'm curious to see what everyone's (or your fish's) favorite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Burks

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm curious to see what everyone's favorite live food?

This can be for both fish and corals.

Looking to expand my knowledge and see what people really do like to use, rather than what magazine articles say.

If I have to feed live food, enriched ghost shrimp would be it. Well, that and maybe nauplii.

my fish love Spectrum Thera+A pellet food.

krill / mysis shrimp is good too. I feed pellets day 1/mysis day 2/pellets day 3/krill/pellet/mysis in that order, and they definetly get more excited about the spectrum.

Never fed Live food... Not something that the LFS carry in my area.
I use a varity of flake and Nori sheets 1-2 times a week, I also use Mysid and brine shrimp mixed together.

DT Live Marine Phytoplankton and Cylopeeze for Corals. I dont feed my fish anything live.

I also use the DT`s for my corals. Dont feed anything live to my fish either. What do you have in your tank that needs live foods?

I use DT's Phytoplankton as well and sometimes live brine shrimp for the fish (and sometimes corals), but I usually feed frozen squid, brine, and mysis to my fish.

melosu58 said:
I also use the DT`s for my corals. Dont feed anything live to my fish either. What do you have in your tank that needs live foods?

Mainly out of curiosity.

Our club is looking for projects that a local high school science team can do. The school also has numerous marine/freshwater tanks and food can be a bit expensive. Growing your own is a lot cheaper and more educational.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the help. :wink:

I have fed DTs and live brine....other then that is is Formula 1 and 2 and frozen mysis along with ORA Glo pellet.

I would suggest they check with the local fish mongers about picking up scraps and then making their own blender mush. There are many recipes around, and they rather similar. Get whatever non-fatty fish, clams, squid, etc. Blend it with some Nori, garlic extract (Garlic Xtreme) and vitamin supplement (Selcon), then freeze.

Do a search on blender much and you should find a few recipes.

Back
Top Bottom