Is everything alright?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Parkster03

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys! My 2nd post on here, and I just wanted to be sure I’m doing things right. I got a 30g tank a few months ago, it’s been cycling for a month (Saltwater tank) I have a hang on the back filter, substrate is Sand, and a 30-40g heater, at the moment. I’m planning to get around 25 pounds of Live Rock, but all I’m stocking the tank with is 2 Clown Fish, 2 Hermits, and a few snails, Does everything I said sound right? I want to be sure everything is perfect for them. I don’t want Corals or anything, I’m a Newbie, my salt levels are just where I want them to be, and I’ll be stocking soon, I don’t want a Protein Skimmer, they’re crazy loud and I’m able to clean out the tank myself. Thanks! And tell me if I need something/doing something wrong!

Also, when I’m refilling the tank (When the Water Evaporates) do I add salt to the new water, or add fresh water?

Edit! I just got some Live Rock today! I had 2 Hitch Hikers! 1 LawnMower Benny and a Hermit Crab! Lucky day, I was debating on getting the Benny, or a few snails, guess the decision was made! Lol

No salt when topping off. When water evaporates, the salt is left behind (in the remaining tank water).

And thanks very much, with this new Benny I can use some help Mr.Algae Farmer [emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom