Journey from FOWLR to Reef!! ^^

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am definitely gonne make one since I got a firefish today haha

10/6/2009 update:
FIREFISH!!! when I intro the firefish to the tank, the two clowns went to show her who is the boss and kept chasing her.
gonna keep my eyes on them.

img_1038586_0_86cb94b86e43e9b5451a48990c1d601b.jpg
img_1038586_1_cc60a0eaf8083568a72534bf495a484f.jpg
img_1038586_2_549e79a8413137f058d3845290e4b08e.jpg
when I intro

Nice fish, I hope it don't go carpet surfing before the net goes up....

Nice fish, I hope it don't go carpet surfing before the net goes up....

haha I still have an eggcrate on top and a light, so it should be ok.

do u guys think i should get another firefishes and convict goby?
they seem lonely by themselves.

I should have research the convict goby before I buy it, it can grow up to 18inches and its really not a goby nor blenny, it will grow like an eel fish.
so I decided to take him out and probably go exchange for another firefish or a real goby. and hopefully the LFS will let me exchange or else I have no idea where to put it. sigh.

luckily its not that hard to catch OoO.

Ya the convict goby is not that great for a 46g. If i ever made a SW tank though big enough i would defiantly get 1. They are cool, what kind of goby were you thinking of?

Ya the convict goby is not that great for a 46g. If i ever made a SW tank though big enough i would defiantly get 1. They are cool, what kind of goby were you thinking of?

I went to exchange for store credit, and pay some extra money got 2 more firefishes, and one neon goby.

will get a pistol shimp and a pink spotted watchman goby to pair them up in the future.

picture of the new fishes will be up once they r in the tank.

research your gobies, most of them don't get along well together.

the three of mine doing pretty good right now.
and neon goby should be fine with watchman, cuz neon is not a shrimp goby.
but yes, I will definitely do more read before I can the watchman n pistol pair.
I am broke now anyway, so no more new fishes or corals until I get a job LOL

photo update:
2 news firefishes, and a neon goby.
oh also *** kicked by my gf LOL
neon in blue light
img_1039366_0_4415a5ce7b2cfd6a00420c4858cb6993.jpg

neon with flash light
img_1039366_1_ceff891c3ce3edea40523af68e5f7aaf.jpg

the new fires get alone with the old one. haha
img_1039366_2_f13ffd42338d01a573a8a975ec9d8718.jpg

flash ligh
img_1039366_3_c620073c69f5a9f969111fb6f99a083d.jpg

Do u guys like picture in blue light or with flash light??

Nice going. Geat pictures. Both ways look pretty neat to me. Experiment with different shots. I shot some through a hand held magifing glass to make the fish look bigger. that was fun. Try different ways, always fun.
I believe the firefish don't get along with fish with the same body type.

Nice going. Geat pictures. Both ways look pretty neat to me. Experiment with different shots. I shot some through a hand held magifing glass to make the fish look bigger. that was fun. Try different ways, always fun.
I believe the firefish don't get along with fish with the same body type.

haha I will try the magifing glass next time.

what do you mean by the same body type??
size?? or shape??
the three of mine doing pretty good, staying close together XD.

I here fire fish like being in groups, i have never seen fire fish fight with each othe, they always group together.

I here fire fish like being in groups, i have never seen fire fish fight with each othe, they always group together.

I researched on that too.
said they live in group in the wild and when they r stree, each of them hide in a little hole, and stick their head out. LOL
I saw one of the new one did that last night after I put it into my tank. haha

haha I will try the magifing glass next time.

what do you mean by the same body type??
size?? or shape??
the three of mine doing pretty good, staying close together XD.
I believe fish of different species with simular body type. I may be thinking of pysdochromis though.

I believe fish of different species with simular body type. I may be thinking of pysdochromis though.

I will keep my eyes on them
^^ thanks

I am thinking to upgrade to a 75~90gal at christmas or next year birthday
LOL time to use my friends and family

any suggestion?
should I upgrade or not?
acrylic or glass? (reading online, was thinking to go acrylic, but seem like glass is better in case of $$$ and scratch resistant, and acrylic will get a yellow color after a period of time)

The newer acrylic tanks don't yellow.

wooo nice!!
I will see if I can find a good used acrylic online.
does it really that easy to get scratch marks??
those online compare article make it sound like even my figer touches it, it will leave a mark as well LOL

Down side is it does scratch easily. As long as it's below the water line you won't be able to see the scratchs. outside and above the waterline is another story.

Down side is it does scratch easily. As long as it's below the water line you won't be able to see the scratchs. outside and above the waterline is another story.

interesing!! then I should remove the hermit to my sump, shouldn't I?
I want to keep it as clear as possible.
I am gonna put a hands off sticker on the tank LOL

Back
Top Bottom