Just Needing Some Serious Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rollin007

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This may sound like a really silly question, but actually I've been hearing several different answers and it's making me think that it's not such a silly question after all.

I was wanting to set up a 125 gallon saltwater tank against the same wall that my TV is mounted to. There would probably be at least a foot or two between them. (maybe a little more, but not much) Even though the tank will have a lid on it, what about the 3-4 inch gap towards the back of the lid, where the hoses and wires from like filters and heaters, etc. go. Will the salty moisture rise up and possibly ruin the tv over time? I know it sounds far fetched, but thats why I'm on here :) If you know for a TRUE FACT that it won't hurt my TV, please let me know, but if your guessing or just assuming, please don't respond... Thank you

It isn't about the salty moisture...it is about the water period. Could be a freshwater tank, indoor pool, hot tub, whatever. That close it will rust and corrode your television.

That's what I've been hearing.. What do u think is a safe distance between the two

Neither do I, that's what I'm sayn'... I would hate to have my 52" lcd w/ surround sound screwed up after I just set it up and then finally get my tank set up and find out that was the reason.

Back
Top Bottom