Keith's Frag Tank / Coral Propagation Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, just saw this, but No, I've been to SF and Oakland a couple times, but that is about it. I'm down in the Palm Springs area.
Lol. Yeah San Jose is about 30 miles south of SF. Palm Springs sure sounds nice right about now!

Glad to hear it! Maybe shoot for Christmas week grand opening? Although I suppose all the new systems will need to cycle... Which begs the question are you already curing a bunch of new rock to get the store's BB going?

Glad to hear it! Maybe shoot for Christmas week grand opening? Although I suppose all the new systems will need to cycle... Which begs the question are you already curing a bunch of new rock to get the store's BB going?

Yes I have cured LR & LS already in my tanks at my house. I will transfer a bunch over and use it on the 6' x 3' frag tank so I can transfer the coral from my house first, and then move the 6' x 3' tank from my house to the store for setup.

Oh believe me I definitely will lol.

Kieth,..regarding pictures,.. How about a picture of you in front of your store so we know who we're talking to,.. Of course if you're on the " witness protection program" we'd understand, :) .,did your RODI canister show up yet ?

Last edited:
I think the Joes Juice & Aptasia X work well. I know Mr X says Kalk paste works well but I've not tried it. I never had much success with the lemon juice either. I've also been lucky & have had good success with peppermint shrimps. I've found that having a group of them works better than just one or two. I've had a couple Aptasia in a hard to reach area in my overflows and only ever seen two in my current DT in almost 2 years & the shrimps keep my tank free of them even though they are in the overflow.

I found Joes Juice and a long needle (used for spinal taps) works very well. The "juice" is ingested by the anemone and that's all she wrote.

Kieth,..regarding pictures,.. How about a picture of you in front of your store so we know who we're talking to,.. Of course if you're on the " witness protection program" we'd understand, :) .,did your RODI canister show up yet ?
Yeah I gotta take one of those pics. For now i will post a semi recent one. And no I haven't got my canister yet as they still show being out of stock. I called twice last week and as of Thursday they said two more weeks or so.

* don't know why pic is sideways tho lol

Attachments

• image-3539733308.jpg
    image-3539733308.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 124
Yeah I gotta take one of those pics. For now i will post a semi recent one. And no I haven't got my canister yet as they still show being out of stock. I called twice last week and as of Thursday they said two more weeks or so.

* don't know why pic is sideways tho lol

Nice to be able to put a face to the thread,.... According to the email I got last week my canisters were sent via " custom" mailing ( but no tracking # ) ,but as of yet I haven't seen anything ,.... Prob take awhile seeing how most of the nation is frozen and I'm sure ground traffic is slow going at best.
I'm glad to hear that you got your heat/ ac up and running,

Nice to be able to put a face to the thread,.... According to the email I got last week my canisters were sent via " custom" mailing ( but no tracking # ) ,but as of yet I haven't seen anything ,.... Prob take awhile seeing how most of the nation is frozen and I'm sure ground traffic is slow going at best. I'm glad to hear that you got your heat/ ac up and running,
Thank you Dary. I thought I had posted a family pic before but maybe it was just of my better half & my awesome little dude. BRS sent me a package today via "custom" shipping as my DI resin I ordered last week showed up opened (pic of what ups delivered lol). Maybe that's just what the use to label shipments for defective items. Hope your parts arrive soon & in good condition!

Attachments

• image-1430809720.jpg
    image-1430809720.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 113
Thank you Dary. I thought I had posted a family pic before but maybe it was just of my better half & my awesome little dude. BRS sent me a package today via "custom" shipping as my DI resin I ordered last week showed up opened (pic of what ups delivered lol). Maybe that's just what the use to label shipments for defective items. Hope your parts arrive soon & in good condition!

Wow..., not only " custom" shipping but also " custom" packaging I'd say.... I got an email this am asking me to review my canisters that I haven't received yet :-/ hmmmm ,.... Hopefully they'll show up toddy without the " custom" packaging like you got :)

Yeah I was a little bewildered that UPS would leave a package like that without even leaving a damaged claim form or instructions. Guess this time of year they are quite busy though.

This is the time of year I'd come home from work for my 'fragile live creature' packages on my porch, covered in snow, in 0 degree weather.

When I had dart frogs and tarantulas etc I'd get boxes of crickets / fruit flies delivered every other week,.... The idiots would leave the box in the sand by the mailbox in 100* weather instead of driving up the driveway to the house,..by the time I'd find it ,it'll be covered by a million ants and I'd end up losing most of my crickets/ flies frustrating to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom