Matured Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike24

Aquarium Advice Regular
How to determine a matured tank?

My tank is running for a year now, all my live rocks have Coraline algae, spirals worms all over the tank wall, Coraline all over the tank wall especially back side, corals are doing good, yellow stem gorgonians always popped out at lights on, fish doing good, the reason i want to know if my tank is matured because i want to get a mandarin goby. Thanks

Sounds like a well matured tank to me. How big is it though? And how much live rock? Also having a refugium helps a lot because it is a breeding ground for copepods which are mandarin gobies natural food source. Mandarins can be hard even in large tanks. If your buying from the lfs see if it has been trained to eat frozen foods. If so you should be good, but most don't eat frozen food or are really difficult to train to eat them.

Its not 100% sure yet i can get mandarin goby then? I order some copepods 1k "counts" i havent seen anybof them, my tank is 29g and i dont have refugium... Thanks for the replys

I have more than 30lbs probably 30-35 lbs of live rocks

I heard they need like at least 50 pounds of live rock each. Look them up on google and you'll see they are a pretty difficult fish

It's really hard to have a mandarin in a cube. Often not enough room to keep them happy.

Also- its best to dose pods a few times and let them populate over a few months.

Will do, i just dose copepods 2k count 2 days ago... Thanks for the infos

Back
Top Bottom