money issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquariumlover10

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok i know I've posted out this before but i can not get enough money to start a saltwater aquarim I want to start with a 75+ gallon reef tank but I'm to young to get a job and i can't even get a saltwater tank an till we move and right now i don't live in a neiborhood and only have 2 10 gallon freshwater tanks i have 1 up side down cat 2 ottocinclus 2 zebra danios 3 1.5 inch long mosquitofish and 8 baby mosquitofish.

Be patient. Take good care of those FW fish and you will be all set for your first SW tank. Maybe start with a nano when you can afford it? Reefs are expensive to build and maintain for those of us with jobs.

I was going to get the coralife biocube 29 and then i found out that the net volume of it was only 23 gallon not 29. On drsfostersmith.com i saw a 3 gallon saltwater aquarium kit for $50 but its not big enough for fish so how big of a tank should i start with and shouldd i get a kit or what?

To start out with a limited budget, you have two choices, a kit or build it yourself. Unless you are handy with tools, the kit may be the way to go. A 9-10 gallon nano setup will get "your feet wet" and allow you to experiment with easier to keep fish and corals. By its size alone, you won't be spending as much as you would a larger system. Also, watch Craigslist. Lots of people have to move or just give up on the hobby.

If I can just say my 2c maintaing a reef tank I'd very VERY expensive and since you don't have a job I wouldn't suggest getting a reef tank however you could upgrade your FW tanks to a 55g and make it planted I bought my 55g for 100 bucks with everything off of Craigslist than will be getting a nice light fixture off of amazon for my b day

Th only reason I'm not upgrading to a biger tank is I'm breeding mosquitofish in one and I'm trying to make a few dollars off them. Oh and the 3gallon is actually $41.99 and it comes with a power filter and power compact flouroresent clamp on light.

To start out with a limited budget, you have two choices, a kit or build it yourself. Unless you are handy with tools, the kit may be the way to go. A 9-10 gallon nano setup will get "your feet wet" and allow you to experiment with easier to keep fish and corals. By its size alone, you won't be spending as much as you would a larger system. Also, watch Craigslist. Lots of people have to move or just give up on the hobby.
I was going to make a tank i can't find any sheets of glass anywear

Just try save the money up and start with fish only tank that way will be cheaper to run and can learn a lot before you go reef

I think I'm going to get that 3 galon and upgrade the light and filter and just get a shrimp and hermit crab or something becase i also want a tank that i can have in my bedroom ( when we move my bedroom is going to be on the second story) and i want a small shrimp or cab breeding tank p.s. do you know if it will be hard to get the parementers right I'm going to us the petco natural sea water and live rock.

U can't breed crabs in a three g tank cuzz it is way to small for them.if u ask me u seem like someone that just wants to make money off of fish

Ok the only reason i talk about breeding is i like a challenge and i'm a kid that's to young to get a job so that another reason i talk about breeding and selling!

Hey I am I 14 year old teenager that Dosent have a job either and I have a 55g and a 90 g and I pay for the majority of all the stuff

I have the 3 gallon your talking about.

Its a sturdy tank but the light and filter are trash.

I got it off the used rack for 15$ ;)

I got some of it from my birthday and I got done of it for weeding my pops garden... Not really a job cuzz it was a one time deal

You know if you play baseball or football u are old enough to umpire or ref a game I'm 14 and my umpiring job starts in about a month :) :)

Ya know howin the fish tanks at pet stores and fiash stores there's all ways dead fish floating around and sucked up on the filter intake will they pay me if i clean the tanks

Back
Top Bottom