MUschroom corals and polyps... HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cofano32

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alright well i have a FOWLR running currently has been running for a few months now and i want to get some corals. I only plan on getting some mushroom corals Such as the green fluorescent, and blue mushroom and a hairy mushroom?? or maybe some polyps....well i dont feel like buying a whole new light fixture is there anyway that i could get some new bulbs and they will be okay with a couple of coralife 10000k bulbs, or a couple of 20000k marine bulbs? or ocean sun 10000k bulbs? i read they will survive and only need low to moderate lighting. also will to build a diy canopy and add a few more bulbs if i have to?

Depends on the wattage of the bulbs. What wattage and size flourescents do you have on there now? You can only use the wattage bulb in a fixture that the ballast is rated for. So if you're looking to put higher wattage bulbs in a lower wattage fixture, that's a no-go.

i believe its a t-10 lighting fixture so i would assume a t-10 or t-12 would fit

T10, T12, T5, etc is only the diameter of the bulb. It doesn't mean it's a specific wattage. As Kurt said, you must match ballast with bulb type/wattage.

Back
Top Bottom