My first saltwater tank cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Success is measured with time in marine aquariums, keep and eye on the tang and make sure it doesn't stress itself out. Keep it feed with correct diet and when it looks too large for the tank please upgrade to a much much larger aquarium or rehome it.

I will upgrade in the near future to a 200g

Are you sad coz they are healthy please go out

Shoots no one is attacking you. We are just saying you have literally less than a few months to rehome that tang before it stresses out. I hope we're wrong but that would surprise me.

Hi for everyone said that my fish will die .. This is my tank after 2week ...they sooo active eating brine shrimp ...for know i will give back the 3 damsels and for the tang i will empty my 150g for her only..

Attachments

• image-1170800240.jpg
    image-1170800240.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 100
  • image-2260188996.jpg
    image-2260188996.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 100
  • image-397860274.jpg
    image-397860274.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 103
Tangs are grazers and swim long distance in the ocean. Placing one in less then 6' long tank will cause stress and poor health and eventual the tang will shut down and die. Believe me it happened to me in a 55 gal tank but I didn't post pics when that happened and neither will you. This process took 4 months for this to happen and really upset me...my tang looked great for about 3 months....I'm not here to bash you i'm just trying to help you with my experience...believe me it will happen and you wont tell no one because of the shame and embarrassment.

Tangs are grazers and swim long distance in the ocean. Placing one in less then 6' long tank will cause stress and poor health and eventual the tang will shut down and die. Believe me it happened to me in a 55 gal tank but I didn't post pics when that happened and neither will you. This process took 4 months for this to happen and really upset me...my tang looked great for about 3 months....I'm not here to bash you i'm just trying to help you with my experience...believe me it will happen and you wont tell no one because of the shame and embarrassment.

+1 well said.

Hi for everyone said that my fish will die .. This is my tank after 2week ...they sooo active eating brine shrimp ...for know i will give back the 3 damsels and for the tang i will empty my 150g for her only..

The cycle typically takes 4-6 weeks. Ammonia and nitrites will get high, which will burn the gils of your fish. That is just scientific fact. It might not kill them, but damage will be done. The damsels will do much better than the Tang, for a variety of reasons. Two weeks in, things are probably not bad enough that you would see anything bad happening. I would not think you are out of the woods yet...you are barely entering at this stage. The fish will be active and eat, so that is not a sign of anything.

Going to a larger tank for the Tang, will increase its chances of long-term survival, but it needs to go into a cycled tank, or that damage will just continue.

I don't recall seeing it yet, but two weeks in, what are your parameters?

I'd recommend some AmQuel at this point to save the fish from harm. It detoxifies ammonia, nitrite and other bad chemicals. Dose some AmQuel and aerate the water with an air stone.

I missed that...I would assume that the LFS that he gets fish from could do water tests though.

True I don't have any fish stores within 50 miles that tests water so I always forget that people have that luxury haha

I'd recommend some AmQuel at this point to save the fish from harm. It detoxifies ammonia, nitrite and other bad chemicals. Dose some AmQuel and aerate the water with an air stone.

Ok thank you man i will get it after i test the water parameters ...thank you for your concern man..

Ooooo my tang still soo active and hungry...what you think about rotting my tang gills???...plz stop bla bla bla its about how do you love you fish and caring about it..

Attachments

• image-3957501834.jpg
    image-3957501834.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 97
Ooooo my tang still soo active and hungry...what you think about rotting my tang gills???...plz stop bla bla bla its about how do you love you fish and caring about it..

Stunted growth, stress, then death. It doesnt happen overnight. We were just trying to help. If you loved your fish, they would be in a 6foot long tank

Stunted growth, stress, then death. It doesnt happen overnight. We were just trying to help. If you loved your fish, they would be in a 6foot long tank

Its been over a month in the tank and i do just a little water changes every week , i got live rocks and a protein skimmer..i am just keep my eyes on the fish till i can get a 200g tank..i wish it go just fine..

Its been over a month in the tank and i do just a little water changes every week , i got live rocks and a protein skimmer..i am just keep my eyes on the fish till i can get a 200g tank..i wish it go just fine..

It may go fine! Im wishing you the best of luck. And I hope you find a 200g tank soon. Keep us updated

It may go fine! Im wishing you the best of luck. And I hope you find a 200g tank soon. Keep us updated

I am thanking you coz you said it..sometimes it can go fine as i wish...sure i will update you when anything happen..

http://youtu.be/3BngQE4Ebjs

What can i say??? Please stop bla bla bla mr or mrs parameters ..and thanks for everyone wished me good luck..i will rehome her soon coz i realized that i need more space for a larger tank..

Back
Top Bottom