Nemo?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosnianblood69

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i got my 2 clowns to host my RBTA and all of a sudden the bigger one wont let me put my hand in the tank it just trys to attack? I think its takin dominance in tank since my bigger yellow tang passed cause it got stung by the RBTA and the hermits ate him alive it had no chance, any other ideas of y?

I doubt the nem killed the tang but rather the tang got sick and ended up passing from something unrelated.

The clowns are just being territorial. Not much you can do about it.

What are the params on your tank?
How long has the tank been set up?
How large is the tank?
How large is the nem?
How big was the tang?

Tang was all fine, he was like 5 inchhes nemo is like 3, paramaters are all in check and tank is a 110 5 ft tank rbta is about 6inches

When any of my nems get something, it's because it was sick or dying, never seen them catch a healthy fish. (had a sand sifting starfish wander into the carpet nem, not good) clowns just get aggressive about their territory, just happens. Sometimes they chill after a time, some never will

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It didnt catch the tang it just stung it and it was at bottoem by rocks not moving cause it was still shocked and the hermits came and got it while he was still alive

It didnt catch the tang it just stung it and it was at bottoem by rocks not moving cause it was still shocked and the hermits came and got it while he was still alive

So if you watched all this happen why didn't you intervene?

I've never heard of a BTA stinging anything enough to stun it much less a fish that is 5 inches long.

Well i didnt see it stung but people told me thats what happened and it mad sense and i was gunna but the tang stayed calm resting by the rock so i didnt even think the hermits would go after it if it was alive

No way the hermits could fully eat a fish while it was still alive. Even a well damaged fish would be able to get away. The fish probably died and was then eaten. Something else was going on with your tang.

No way the hermits could fully eat a fish while it was still alive. Even a well damaged fish would be able to get away. The fish probably died and was then eaten. Something else was going on with your tang.

I'm going to have to side with Bribo on this one.

It probably died overnight and the hermits cleaned it up. They don't go after living fish. Or have the ability to catch them.

Well back to nemo its kinda too late to find out about the tang, but y would my clown be so aggressive all of a sudden? He would almost eat out of my hand and as soon as i got them to host they wont let me put my hand in the tank????

Back
Top Bottom