New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spencer1044

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey so I'm just interested in the saltwater tank. I have plenty of freshwater tanks. I know everything there is about freshwater tanks. But I kinda want to get a saltwater. Honestly the saltwater fish are so much cooler. So what would I need for maybe 3 fish that get no bigger than 3 inches. Also coral would be cool and some inverts. Also what would the price be for these things.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hey so I'm just interested in the saltwater tank. I have plenty of freshwater tanks. I know everything there is about freshwater tanks. But I kinda want to get a saltwater. Honestly the saltwater fish are so much cooler. So what would I need for maybe 3 fish that get no bigger than 3 inches. Also coral would be cool and some inverts. Also what would the price be for these things.

Saltwater fish are amazing. There are some really cool freshwater fish too! Before anyone can give you a proper size it would be nice to know what kind of fish you are interested in. There are a lot of 3" fish. Remember though bigger is easier :)

Also there is a huge price difference between fish. ( blue damsel $5.00 and a frostbite clown fish $80+) At least those are the prices in my area. :)

Keep in mind if you are going to do corals that is going to be another expense. Lights are not cheap trust me!

The hobby is great and addicting! If you are really interested in it please do your research and have a game plan ready. Figure out exactly what you want from the beginning so this way you will know what you need to reach that goal.

Okay thanks there was a time when I thought I was gonna one so I did all this research and then ended up getting another freshwater and completely forgot everything I researched.

Okay thanks there was a time when I thought I was gonna one so I did all this research and then ended up getting another freshwater and completely forgot everything I researched.

I did it too, lol. But after additional time went by and then/now I have a little one! Actually 2 little ones 15G, 5G and a macro algae vase, maybe .5G.

There is a lot of research, and then more research, and double checking!

What size tank are you thinking?

I was think at max 30 gal but would prefer like a 20 or a 10

Back
Top Bottom