New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2" total or 2" on each side? Does the tank have to sit in the middle or can it be pushed up against the front edge with all excess in back?

My problem is fitting the 40br under it. Since both tanks are the same width

Maybe really strong horizontal supports lengthwise with no center posts? So corner posts only. Just a thought Not sure how thick you would need to go.

Edit: did a quick google search and there are some discussions on aquarium stands with no center supports.

I feel the reef central one is sketchy.. I have stumbled upon it multiple times. You don't think it looks weak?

I don't think so. Wood is pretty strong.

And you are only covering a 4' span

Take a look at my stand build. Same problem as you. I built mine 2" wider in front and back, but all my support is under my 125g. Just added 2x4s and 2x6 to front and back for more room

Take a look at my stand build. Same problem as you. I built mine 2" wider in front and back, but all my support is under my 125g. Just added 2x4s and 2x6 to front and back for more room

Stand looks good! Do you have a pic of display and sump underneath?

Not yet. Will fit with ease though. Bottom of stand is 76 1/2" long and 22 1/2" deep. Will fit 40b with room to spare

Well I have all my reef saver rock arriving tomorrow. Poor ups guy! Also ordered my red sea coral pro salt and 80 #s of Fiji pink sand. I am seriously hoping to get the tank cycling before Christmas.... Oh and sump is all siliconed and currently drying.

Rock arrived yesterday. Pretty excited about that. Almost there!

So as I sit here at work I am constantly thinking of my tank... I now worrying myself about the sump I built. The first and second baffles are the same height... Is this OK or did I screw up!?

The second should be shorter as it forces the water to flow through the tank but sure it will work fine if you can't shorten it

Mine are between 1/3-1/2 down. I had the same problem as well. Its also nice because it relieves some of the pressure against the baffle as well

Mine are between 1/3-1/2 down. I had the same problem as well. Its also nice because it relieves some of the pressure against the baffle as well

Thank you for the advice! On another note I was watching Mr. Saltwater TV and saw a video on algea and learned to use a phosphate reactor to combat it. Is this something I should put on my tank right away or wait?

I personally wouldn't. Get your tank up and running, let it stabilize for 6-8 months then see where you are at. If excessive phosphates are an issue at that point, sure add it. But you may just find that it's not needed

Back
Top Bottom