New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So for a 75gal with sump I would be ok with two heaters rated up to 79gal or should I just buy one rated up to 106gal? Or do I need to get an even bigger one?

Two is best just in case one fails

I have decided to go with 2 200w heaters. This will be my first purchase for my tank. And it begins!

So to update my progress I just got a 5 stage Rodi unit and I just picked up a 40 Breeder Tank for $80 so I can make a DIY sump. Sorry for the VERY SLOW progress. Next step is to DIY a cabinet for the main display.

I bought the 40 off of Craigslist and was wondering how to properly clean it. I don't wanna use windex just to be safe. The tank was used to raise coy fish.

Is there any other way besides the use of vinegar? The smells of it makes me throw up.

Is there any other way besides the use of vinegar? The smells of it makes me throw up.

LOL some people use a weak solution of bleach and rinse, rinse and rinse some more until there is no bleachy smell left but I haven't been willing to try it myself.

Maybe someone else will have another idea. Good luck!

The soon to be sump is all cleaned out so now I have to look into specs on how to build the sump. Any ideas are welcome.

For the sump I was wondering if. 220 thick acrylic would be OK for the baffles?

Silicon does not adhere very well to acrylics long term (it will start to leak over time). Acrylic glue won't stick to glass very well either. If the sump is glass, use glass baffles.

Ok for my sump I was thinking the skimmer section to be 12", the refugium section to be 12", and the return section to be 8.5".does this sound OK? All and any suggestions are welcome!!!!

Fist wall will be 10 inches high as well as the second wall then the divider and the last wall will be 9 inches. I think this will work?

After talking with Mr. X i went with 12"x17 1/4" baffles for my sump. They should be ready early next week. I'm getting excited that it finally slowly but surely starting to come together!

Well I went to that fish place that pet place today and picked up my 75gal corner flow display tank. Next to get it the skimmer so I can start making my stand!

Congrats, isnt it a great feeling to make progress? LOL

Keep us updated and ask any questions you may have. :)

Just wait til you start adding livestock! Thats a really fun part of a setup. :) ALthough for me putting together the tank and equipment is a great rush too. lol

Just go slow and take your time though, the best advice you will get ever regarding saltwater.

That was one of the first things read when joining this forum. I have been doing research and trying to learn about stuff for the past year and a half. I am Finally starting to make the build. Even that is going slow!

I picked up a 180g last night but who knows how long til its actually up and running. lol Just the saltwater way hehe

Back
Top Bottom