New to Saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blakskall

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys im thinking about starting a saltwater tank, ive had numerous freshwater tanks before but now i want to try saltwater, i kno what it intales ive done research and even bought books on it, What i have is a 30 gallon long tank with stand and everything, i kno that 30 gal isnt the recomended minimum but its do-able, what im asking is i see protein skimmers going for big bucks online, is it one of those pieces of eqiupment that u really need to pay for quality? Or can i get a cheaper one and itll do the job?

Hi. :)

If you're going with a 30g you can probably get away with no skimmer. I used PWC's in my 29g until I got a skimmer.

can u reccomend any good ones that dont cost 200$ lol

I have a hang on remora that i used on my 29g and now on my 55g. I happen to like it alot but it's not a fave on this board. lol

An octopus is also a top notch skimmer you might wanna look in that direction.

Good luck!

I had my 29g aquarium for 2 years and was able to get away without one, if you plan on doing a lot of reef I recommend on getting one though

I have a Remora skimmer too. Awesome product. Water is crystal clear. I don't have much room for a refugium so I have been using the bioballs carbon, pottery, and foam for filtration.

Back
Top Bottom