niger trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bosslady

Aquarium Advice Regular
I resently purchased a niger trigger. After I took it out of the QT tank and placed it in my tank it imediately went into the rocks. The other fish in the tank began circling around the tank as if trapping him in the display. They would not let him out or so I thought. This morning I rearranged the rocks. The trigger just moved under another rock and the other fish are now swimming normally. Do Triggers usually hide? He had been pretty active at the store. There wasn't anything for him to hide under in the QT.

Jeanett

That is normal behaviour. After a couple of weeks, you may start seeing it more and more.

Once he gets comfortable with the tank he will probably come out and rule the tank. What other fish do you have?

thanks for the replys. I always worry about a new fish. I worry about losing them. I have a very large aggressive maroon clown. He makes sure he gets his share of attention and food. I have a violin lion. Very beauty and a Wide eye squirrel who will fight the lion during feeding time for the live food. All tankmates get along well.

Triggers are very aggressive and brave at feeding time. They will bite anything in the way. I hand fed mine and was bitten more than once. :)
Not sure why this posted twice?

Triggers are very aggressive and brave at feeding time. They will bite anything in the way. I hand fed mine and was bitten more than once. :)

I guess I can describe triggers like this:

You know how sometimes when we watch the news and there's this live feed with the newscaster talking, then there are these people in the back that wants camera exposure so bad they squeeze themselves into the frame? Yeah, it's kinda like that for triggers. They want to always be in the front of the display swimming. They can't get enough of the exposure. They think that they are the main actor/actress in the movie. So cute.

Back
Top Bottom