Nitrate ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Water changes, water changes, water changes. The best way to lower nitrates safely and quickly. :)

Cool thanks I have a 90 gallon I do 20 gallon water changes twice a week.. And feed every three days one frozen cube and a silverside???

wow, thats alot of water changes. lol

You might wanna try a larger one next time you do it and maybe the time after that. That should get them down quite a bit and from then on do your regular changes. I do massive water changes myself but not twice a week. that is dedication! Good for you!

Clown fish, diamond goby, snowflake eel, 6 chromies, fox face rabbit, cleaner shrimp, chocolate chip star, sand sifting star is the stock. I'm running the CPR dual pack HOB skimmer and filter with two Maxie jet 1200 and some Koralia power heads..

Does your skimmer have that blue floss stuff in it? If so, that's a nitrate factory. Ditch it.

With that many water changes your nitrates should be zero. Are you using ro water if not the water your adding could be the source of your nitrates, also what test kit are you using if its api they always test high so your nitrates could be lower.

My water is always LFS saltwater and yes I'm using API test switching to salefert soon they are just so **** expensive

I shut off my filtration when feeding till the food is all eaten up, 20-30 min. , seemed to work for me

Back
Top Bottom