Nudibranch and clove polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nren

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I found three of theseImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399471507.156142.jpg attached to the underside of a clove polyp cluster. I removed them because I don't know what they eat. The polyps were closed prior to this and opened after I removed themImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399471393.410123.jpg. I have them in a refugium and they seem to be fine after four days with nothing but algae or...maybe my copepods to eat. I don't feel comfortable putting them back. Does anyone know what these are? Or better, what they eat? Thanks

Neil
Biocube 29
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399471761.013462.jpg

That is a nudibranch. Nudibranch look like what they eat. That guy obviously looks like your clove polyps, so that is what their food source is. Removal is the first thing to do. I wouldn't even put them in the sump. Flush them, trash,..whatever. I would also suggest dipping your clove polyps in something like Coral RX to remove any eggs that are scattered through the polyps.

That is a nudibranch. Nudibranch look like what they eat. That guy obviously looks like your clove polyps, so that is what their food source is. Removal is the first thing to do. I wouldn't even put them in the sump. Flush them, trash,..whatever. I would also suggest dipping your clove polyps in something like Coral RX to remove any eggs that are scattered through the polyps.

Truer words were never spoken Sniper

Back
Top Bottom