Post your micro reef tank here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ryn_C_mu

Aquarium Advice Freak
I don't have a huge reef only a ricordea and a feather duster but I'm getting there so that being said post a full tank shot, favorite fish, invert, and coralImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398229201.099363.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398229253.489257.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398229270.747901.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398229443.001295.jpg

My 3g pico :)

Some of my favs include the big hammer (there are multiple), the 5" green toadstool, and the orange plating monti. Favorite (and only) fish is Julius the Green Clown Goby, who usually is looking out from the glass perched on the green toad. Favorite inverts here are sexy shrimp :)

I really like your Ricordea btw! I would love to have a feather duster in my 3g but for now all I have is a bunch of little calcareous worms lol.

Wow!!! Beautiful tank! Thanks for the compliment btw do u have and super easy corals new to reefs trying to learn but getting there I have lower lighting but just right for my little ricordea so any suggestions

Wow!!! Beautiful tank! Thanks for the compliment btw do u have and super easy corals new to reefs trying to learn but getting there I have lower lighting but just right for my little ricordea so any suggestions

Thank you! A few very hardy beginner corals (that I started with) include green star polyps, zoanthids, various mushrooms, xenia, ricordea, and anthelia. Of those, Anthelia, zoas, and mushrooms are usually the cheapest. These are all softies, btw. The other half of my corals are lps.

All of these corals like good light, good water conditions, and relatively high flow (except for possibly the xenia and ricordea, which prefer lower flow.)

Many people build beautiful tanks with high end sps, but I believe you can make just as beautiful a tank with a good selection of softies and lps!

Oh got it haha thankfully my tank is in good paramount conditions haha but thanks for suggestions haha

Oops, sorry! That's just my general response to q's about beginner corals, and wrong thread!

Btw, what lighting is the bright orange ricordes pic under? The orange really looks great!

Oh that thing haha it's fake the only living one is the green one on the frag

Also, may I ask what size is your tank, equipment, fish, etc? Always interesting to hear about someone else's tank lol :)

I've never had any ricordea Florida, and I actually really want to get some floridas even though everyone else seems to like yumas more. I like that the floridas have more abstractly, larger sized tnetacles than Yuma.

Well thanks hahaha well my tank is 37gal with live rock and sand uh let's see a 200 size penguin filter that is meant for a 50 gallon tank so extra filtration a basic petco power head and a aqueon heater and going along well haha

VP595Wt.jpg

FTS
1dxwYK8.jpg

Favorite Coral
hRSC03n.jpg

Favorite Fish

Here's my 10g mixed reef
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398310943.473748.jpg
My favorite coral is front and center, this frogspawn is growing pretty quickly
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398311073.023430.jpg
This Duncan is loving this tank, and another of my favorite lps
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398311175.186770.jpg
Both are hardy lps once you get a hang of keeping stable levels.
Edit: man I need to clean the glass :p

Will definitely do! I'm probably gonna start getting into fragging soon. I'm to attached to most of my corals to frag them haha. I love seeing them grow and get huge

Will definitely do! I'm probably gonna start getting into fragging soon. I'm to attached to most of my corals to frag them haha. I love seeing them grow and get huge

I know what you mean, I only frag when I need room, or a friend asks for something

Yeah the only thing that regularly gets pruned is my green birdsnest. Thing is a weed

Wow great tanks guys!! Can't wait to get like that haha

Back
Top Bottom