Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is this over kill? We'd like to get a pistol shrimp, but currently we have a cleaner shrimp and a peppermint shrimp. Also would there be any problems with the royal gramma basslet bothering the pistol shrimp?

Thanks

I woudn't worry too much about the gramma bothering the pistol, if anything it will be the other way around. Your concern will mostly be the pistol attacking the other two shrimp in the tank.

Smaller (and unaware) shrimp are natural prey for pistol shrimp and could pose a problem. If larger than the pistol they could stand a chance of survival, but be aware it is a risk.

Cheers
Steve

I have a pair of cleaners in with a pistol and I have not had any problems. They are also in a tank that is 80 gal and the two cleaners are larger than the pistol so maybe its not concnerned with them if its even seen them that much.

My pistol is mostly occupied with its facanation of moving sand around.

Well, I think pistols are gonna be too much form my 5.5 gallon tank, therefore I think I am gonna get a purple firefish and a cleaner.

Saw a greenbanded goby this weekend that would be perfect for a 5 gallon they are very small and very cool looking. I also saw a polkadotted goby it was very small too, that one was red in color. Might want to check those out d9hp :D

Back
Top Bottom