redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redsea said:
Awesome! So you have never gotten ich or anything like that before from them? I will QT anyway, but I just want to make sure they are as healthy as can be when they arrive. :)

Thanks.

All my fish were healthy I had one that was sick but they refunded me on him. I loved their coral though. It was all about an inch larger than what I ordered.

All my fish were healthy I had one that was sick but they refunded me on him. I loved their coral though. It was all about an inch larger than what I ordered.

Cool!

Do you know what the sick fish was infected with?

Exact same with mine. He just hides behind rock with his antennae sticking out

They do grow, and become more aggressive with size. But like mentioned they probably have different personalities.

It's body was pale. Then it died the next morning but that was one out of like 7 orders or 20 fish

I was just looking at what I posted it looked like I was saying "cool" that the fish was unhealthy. Oops. Sorry about that, I meant to say cool about having mostly healthy fish come from them. :)

redsea said:
I was just looking at what I posted it looked like I was saying "cool" that the fish was unhealthy. Oops. Sorry about that, I meant to say cool about having mostly healthy fish come from them. :)

It's all good lol. They're really a good place though. I'll be ordering coral soon for my 25g build so I'll let you know my experience again.

Ok all, I added two teaspoons of ammonia to my tank. I would I have done three but it says "extra strength," so I just wanted to be on the safe side. :)

So when the tank goes through goes through the ammonia within 24 hours, and it turns into nitrates/nitrites that means the tank is cycled, right?

Thanks.

Yep your right about that 24 hrs ammo to trates. Did you check your ammo concentration after you added? It took my 180 5 caps to get to 4 ppm.

If ammonia and nitrites go to zero then you are cycled. Big water change to get the nitrates down and add fish and corals....slowly of course!

Just had a Tang question. :) As some of you know, I really, really like Tangs, I know that three is the most for a 125g, but If I understocked as far as other smaller fish go, would a 4th smaller (probably Bristletooth) Tang be ok? If not that is DEFINITELY a ok, just figured I would check :). In the end, I definitely want the best for the fish. I didn't know if I could substitute a few smaller fish for a larger one (Tang).

I know that this probably isn't a good idea, but I figured I would run it buy you all anyway. :)

Thank you very much! I appreciate all of you you following!

Oops, also forgot to update on some progress last night!

I moved over all of the rock that I plan on moving from my 55g to my 125g. :) I am hoping that will help make the cycle go pretty quickly.

I other news, I got the right attachment for my pump, but now I am having a leak around where my check valve is. :( Hopefully we can get that fixed soon.

Thank you very much for following! :-D

Here are some pictures
I just put on the lights so you could see the tank, they are off now. :)

Attachments

• image-2256645480.jpg
    image-2256645480.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 90
  • image-3294283327.jpg
    image-3294283327.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 84
  • image-3113695442.jpg
    image-3113695442.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 88
Nice! You've come a long way! cant wait to see whats next. :)

Thanks!

What do you think about the Tangs? Is three the limit with a few other smaller fish included, or is it just the limit due to overall space in the tank? I would be willing to only add 1-2 smaller fish if a 4th Tang was practical. If it was ok then the Tang list would probably be, my Blue Hippo, Scopas, Yellow, and a small Bristletooth. I am pretty sure this won't work out, but I just wanted to check. Thanks and sorry if this sounds extremely confusing, lol.

Hmm the scopas gets pretty big doesnt he? I hate to say it but I think between the blue and the scopas you might be good with just the 3 tangs. I was also thinking of adding a fourth to mine but figured I'd stay on the safe side and stay at 3, especially with the hippo tang, they probably should be in a 180 LOL.

After having my 3 tangs for several months I think 3 is the magic number. But it also allows you to have more swimmy fish for your tank. Four tangs and 2 or 3 smaller fish, in my opinion anyways, wouldn't make your tank that active. I personally like seeing lots of activity with fish swimming all over. :)

What else do you have in mind as far as fish?

Thanks! I will stick with the three then. :)

As far as other fish I definitely want some Wrasses. I also LOVE this Angelfish! It is cool looking and reef safe! :)

Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Lamarck's Angelfish
I like the Red Head Solon Fairy Wrasse, McCosker's Flasher Wrasse, and the Linespot Flasher Wrasse. I really like all Wrasses though, lol. Those are just a few of my favorites!

I had considered that lamarck angle for my 125g but was still paranoid it woudnt be reef safe so I never got one. LOL I'm such a wimp sometimes.

The wrasses sound cool, those 3 I like alot too. The mccosker might be next on my stocking list, I'm still holding out for that red tang to come back in stock. :-D

I hope that Red Tang comes in soon for you! After you add the Wrasses and the Tang, is that it for the 90g, or do you still have some more fish in mind?

If the Angel eats the corals, I will just have to set up a FOWLR, darn. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom