redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO swap the yellow tang for a yellow mimic tang. A lot more peaceful and I think they are cool how they change .but yellow tanga are still cool. Just an edit the scopas and the yellow are from the same family too so they may fight

I think you made a good list. :) I'd love a scopas but no room for one. lol
And the yellow of course is the coolest of all. :-D
You've picked some mid water level swimmers, any idea if you want any perchers or fish that occupy the sandbed?

I do like the Randall's Goby, any more suggestions on perching or lower level fish? Thanks.

I haven't read the rest of the posts, but would a Flame Hawkfish work? I love mine.

IMO swap the yellow tang for a yellow mimic tang. A lot more peaceful and I think they are cool how they change .but yellow tanga are still cool. Just an edit the scopas and the yellow are from the same family too so they may fight

I like the Mimic's too! I was originally thinking that if I got a small Yellow, and a medium to large Scopas, there would be minimal aggression. :)So many options, lol.

What about a shrimp goby like the pink spotted that I have. they get a bit large so it would be great for such a big tank. Check out the misc. fish section on live aquaria you might find one thats rare and cool. lol

Do you plan on small ornamental shrimp? i believe that is one thing that a flame hawk will eat in a reef tank, mine is pretty cool and swims back and forth all day.

carey said:
What about a shrimp goby like the pink spotted that I have. they get a bit large so it would be great for such a big tank. Check out the misc. fish section on live aquaria you might find one thats rare and cool. lol

Do you plan on small ornamental shrimp? i believe that is one thing that a flame hawk will eat in a reef tank, mine is pretty cool and swims back and forth all day.

I will to check now! Do you know how many Gobies will get along together? Thanks!

Hondatek said:
Yea that may work . I'm partial to mimics since I have one lol. Hopefully I'll get to see him change .

Yeah, maybe for my future FOWLR, lol. They are awesome fish, great suggestion!

Depends on the type of goby. I have 5 goby's in my 20g and they all get along fine. i would try to get ones that look different than each other. For instance I have 2 neon goby's yellow clown goby, green clown goby and the engineer goby. None really look like each other and I think thats a factor in why they dont fight. :)

My 60g is gonna be all micro and small fish so anyone else know about the goby or blenny limit?

carey said:
Depends on the type of goby. I have 5 goby's in my 20g and they all get along fine. i would try to get ones that look different than each other. For instance I have 2 neon goby's yellow clown goby, green clown goby and the engineer goby. None really look like each other and I think thats a factor in why they dont fight. :)

My 60g is gonna be all micro and small fish so anyone else know about the goby or blenny limit?

Thanks! How do you like your Convict Goby?

I was also wondering if I could keep any Clown Gobies in this tank. I would just worry that they wouldn't get enough food since they are so small.

carey said:

Maybe around 10-13 small fish

The engineer goby is kinda cool. :) he dug himself a hole in the front of the tank and just chills out all day. he is very mellow, he let the barnacle blenny that half his side win the battle over the rock. Oh and they grow really fast and can become a foot long from what I've read.

Since we are on this topic what do you think I should do with the engineer goby that I have in my 20g right now. He is several inches long sop he cant stay on there. Should I move him to the 90g or the 125g do you think? OR will he be ok in the new 60g?

What about a Midas blenny? Mine hangs out at the top of my toadstool (my centerpiece since it stands over a foot tall) and acts like he is king of the tank

carey said:
The engineer goby is kinda cool. :) he dug himself a hole in the front of the tank and just chills out all day. he is very mellow, he let the barnacle blenny that half his side win the battle over the rock. Oh and they grow really fast and can become a foot long from what I've read.

Since we are on this topic what do you think I should do with the engineer goby that I have in my 20g right now. He is several inches long sop he cant stay on there. Should I move him to the 90g or the 125g do you think? OR will he be ok in the new 60g?

I'd put him in the 90g or 125g

Jlsardina said:
What about a Midas blenny? Mine hangs out at the top of my toadstool (my centerpiece since it stands over a foot tall) and acts like he is king of the tank

Would a Midas do well in a 25g?

Oh yeah the midas is nice! forgot about them. Very swimmy and active. :)

Which one then? lol the 90g or 125g? If it goes into the 125g then theres no turning back. lol

I think the Midas is cool too! DEFINITELY a possiblity, thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Ibrahim- I would think it would be ok. LA says 30g. :)

Thanks everyone for posting!

The engineers are cool- but if you want flat sand- don't do it. Lol. Mine have cave work all over my tank. My sand always is changing because of it too. I have plenty of peaks and valleys. Lol

The engineers are cool- but if you want flat sand- don't do it. Lol. Mine have cave work all over my tank. My sand always is changing because of it too. I have plenty of peaks and valleys. Lol

That's funny. When I had my Niger Triggerfish in my 55g, he moved a ton of sand from a rock he liked and there was a HUGE hill! :lol:

Jlsardina said:

Lol... King Midas!

Back
Top Bottom