redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UPDATE:

So, I am still trying to fix that leak with the return tubing. :( I will be away this weekend, so would you all recommend dosing more ammonia to keep they cycle going, or is it ok? Also, should I have my lights on at this point, (I know I wasn't supposed to have them on during the cycle).

Also, since I am still in the 8 week process for letting ich die off (in my 34g) I am going to temporarily going to use my 55g as a QT (Once Clown + Hippo are moved to 125g). My problem with the tank is that the nitrates are too high. I am working on lowering them by PWCs, but would it help to remove the sand? The sand was bought as "live".

I was thinking I could wash the sand out (to remove nitrates), and put in back in after I temporarily used the tank as a QT for the first set of fish I plan to order from Liveaquaria.com.

I think that is everything! Thank you soo much for reading! :). I know that this could possibly sound confusing, so if you need me to clarify things, please ask. :) Thanks!!!

Do you guys think I should add ammonia tonight?
I haven't added any since last Thursday (I think). Didn't get anything done this weekend since I was away. :( I really hope I can fix the leak with the plumbing, and bring down the nitrates in the 55g.

:) Thanks everyone!

redsea said:
Yeah, no fish yet. :( I still need to figure how to stop my plumbing from leaking, and I need to do that HUGE water change, which I figure will be about 62.5 gallons. LOL. Thanks!!

:fish2::fish2:

Where is it leaking???

It might be worth a try to hard plumb it. I used flex hose on my reactor and it leaks in the sump (that's why it's in the sump) lol

I use a combination of hose and PVC. I like to have the ability to take apart the plumbing easily without cutting anything. :)

You did use plumbers tape for the screw in connections right? Might wanna give it a few more layers. i had a leak in my 90g at the screw in joint and retaped it and now its fine.

I use a combination of hose and PVC. I like to have the ability to take apart the plumbing easily without cutting anything. :)

You did use plumbers tape for the screw in connections right? Might wanna give it a few more layers. i had a leak in my 90g at the screw in joint and retaped it and now its fine.

Yep, we put some where the leaks were, but I think we need more layers. :) Thanks!!

If your leaking at where the pipes thread together you can also use aquarium silicone. Just put some on the threads and tighten it up.

EEK! I don't think I'd use silicone, It will work but it will mean you can't remove it if you decide to replumb or need to take a stretch of piping out.

I just used a boatload of tape on the threads and it worked just as well.

carey said:
EEK! I don't think I'd use silicone, It will work but it will mean you can't remove it if you decide to replumb or need to take a stretch of piping out.

I just used a boatload of tape on the threads and it worked just as well.

Yeah. It's not that difficult to undo silicone at all.

I haven't read the rest of the posts, but would a Flame Hawkfish work? I love mine.

Sorry! I just saw this post!

I love the Flame Hawk too! :-D Just not sure if I am going to go the shrimp/small fish route or not yet. :) Great suggestion!

Back
Top Bottom