Ro water system (EMERGENCY)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey guys i have this system in my house and I am asking I can use this ro system for my reef tank. I am setting my tank tomorrow.
https://www.cowaytoronto.com/p09cr.html
From what I know, ro water has no minerals. Ironically, in India it is known as mineral water. I think you may need to add Seachem's equilibrium to the water before adding it to the tank.

I'm sure there are many other people here who are more experienced than me. They may be able to help you better..!

You could and I'm sure it makes mighty fine drinking water. With that said, the goal of using pure water in reefs is to ensure you know what is going into the system. This is why we use ro/di water. The missing chunk here is the DI, which will bring the TDS of your water down to 0.
Having the water go through an RO system will be much better than tap, but you will want to get a DI chunk on there to ensure you aren't adding more nitrates and phosphates with every water change.
Though not perfect, this should be just fine with setting up the system for the first time.

You could and I'm sure it makes mighty fine drinking water. With that said, the goal of using pure water in reefs is to ensure you know what is going into the system. This is why we use ro/di water. The missing chunk here is the DI, which will bring the TDS of your water down to 0.
Having the water go through an RO system will be much better than tap, but you will want to get a DI chunk on there to ensure you aren't adding more nitrates and phosphates with every water change.
Though not perfect, this should be just fine with setting up the system for the first time.

What's the downside of ha big high TDS? Will it really make a huge difference?

Back
Top Bottom