Saltwater and CO2 Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desert Sea

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm currently gathering equipment for a 75g planted tank set up. I eventually plan on making this tank a saltwater setup down the road. In acquiring the various pieces and parts that make a tank run, I've been trying to get things that I can use on both the FW and the SW tank. I realize that there are some items that are not necessary/compatible for each particular type of aquarium but I was wondering if there is a need for a CO2 setup on a SW tank. I'm strongly considering a pressurized CO2 system for the planted tank and if there is a use for it on the SW version, that would be an added benefit. Is a CO2 system strictly for FW use?

Thanks!

I believe some calcium reactors require co2 injection. Other than that there's no need for it in a SW system

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Bribo thanks for the response. May have to evaluate whether or not I want to invest in a pressurized CO2 system based on the lack of need for it in a SW build. May have to go a low tech route on the planted tank.

Back
Top Bottom