Saltwater setup and stocking recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jann Josh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Need your recommendation on a 20 gal SW tank.

How much sand and rocks do I need for a 20 gals
Fishes will be clowns, firefish and goby. How many can I stock on this tank

Thanks again for any info you can give me. :D

30 to 40lbs of Live Rock and you can use the calculators link at the top of the page to figure out your snad based on how deep you want it.

Hey Jann Josh....what part of the Philippines are you from? I was just in Manila on business a few weeks ago.

I think I used 60lbs of sand in my 40gallon breeder...so a single 30lb bag is probably enough sand. Get at least 30lbs of LR.

I'm not sure on stocking...I only have 4 fish in my 40gallon - 2 percs, a 6-line wrasse and a royal gramma.

I'm from the Laguna, an hour drive from the city of Manila. If you've been here manila, you should have visit Cartimar in Pasay. It's the shopper's haven for those who are into fish keeping although they also have other pets available. You should have seen all the kind of fishes and corals they have there and for cheap price. Clown fish here goes at 50 pesos each for about an inch or two, thats about a dollar of course you should consider the healt of those fishes. Anyway, thanks for visiting the Philippines. :D

For stocking, I'd say 2 fish, a pair of clowns perhaps. Maybe, maybe...a very small goby. But that'd be it.

It would be good to see but I doubt I could bring them back to the states. I did make it out to Greenhills and did some shopping for my wife. I may have to check that place out on my next trip.

Back
Top Bottom