Seaclone 150

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also have a seaclone 150 that works pretty good. I have a very small bioload, only 2 small clowns, and "wow" I also get around a cup a week of skimmate- very black and stinky. And for about 80 bucks, on sale, fron www.petsolutions.com I think it is pretty eficient.

I also have a seaclone 150 that works pretty good. I have a very small bioload, only 2 small clowns, and "wow" I also get around a cup a week of skimmate- very black and stinky. And for about 80 bucks, on sale, fron www.petsolutions.com I think it is pretty eficient.

I looked at these, and went with a Coralife Super Skimmer 125 - for about $119 (before delivery). That thing is doing great (you must keep water level consistent or you have to tweak the level now and then - a mod to my sump will fix that). Since last night I have about 2 cups of the most greenish, thick, incredibly nasty smelling stuff you can imagine.

How anybody can find this skimmer to be good puzles me. I have had one on my 10 gallon tank for over a year. This thing is a piece of crap.

Some days it skimms others it does not. Soem days it works others it does not. I gave up on tryign to tweak the airline each day to get the skimming to the prfect level. It was too much work and never did much at all. I even tried the bod where you add an airstone and that did not help.

And this week the J-tube that connects the cylinder to the pump started to leak. I had lost a quarter of my tank water before I noticed the issue and removed it. I am not goign to put it back on my tank cause I will run the risk of losing all my water.

Pros- they are cheap

Cons- They are cheap
- Do not work
- Require constant tweaking
- airline gets stuffed with salt on a bi-weekly basis
- intake gets clogges
- microbubbles at times
- requires modification to get jsut a little production

Best things to do:
- do not purchase at all
- if you do then do the following mods
1) Try to shorten the small riser tube if you can
2) Try addign an airstone by drilling a hol i nthe top and feedign it down to the base using rigid airline.
3) put teflon tape around the bottom rim of the collection cup. THe idea is to make sure that when the collection cup sits on the top of the skimmer it is makign a nice airproof seal. Thsi way all of the air from the venturi and the airstone is forced out of the small hole in the top cover of the skimmer.

And good luck with gettign the thing to work and not to leak.

Back
Top Bottom