Seneye?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeeamer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!

I have been looking at seneye reef to monitor my aquarium and just wondered if anyone had any experience with this product?

If anyone has better gismos let me know but please Remember that seneye is £100.

Your help is appreciated.

Joe

I have the seneye reef, in theory it's great but the software keeps crashing, I loaded the restarter program but still has serious problems. The readings I get can be 4 hours out and today it's been over 10 hours with no readings. It has potential but still requires a lot of work, I don't suggest buying one until they sort their website and software out.

How accurate is it though I am also interested in one? Do you have to pay monthly payments to use it? Sorry to take over the thread!

Seneye

The seneye has a calibration (+ or _) which is adjusted by you. I test the water by using strips or solutions and adjust the seneye readings to suit the test. The slides only last one month and then they stop working, however the temps and light readings continue working without the slide. There is no fee using the the site only the cost of about $10 per slide per month if you choose to use it. If my PH reading shows I need to modify the PH, I confirm this by testing the water by using strips or solutions and then if required add the PH up or PH down treatment. The readings are not to be relied on and are indication only. The only down side is the continual crashing of the site and program that seneye provide. I use firefox and a program called "restart" as recommended but it still goes down. I can wait 4 hours for a reading to register on the iphone or panel from the web site, so don't expect instantaneous readings being displayed. Today I have had no readings for the last 24 hours it appears the site has gone down yet again.

The seneye has a calibration (+ or _) which is adjusted by you. I test the water by using strips or solutions and adjust the seneye readings to suit the test. The slides only last one month and then they stop working, however the temps and light readings continue working without the slide. There is no fee using the the site only the cost of about $10 per slide per month if you choose to use it. If my PH reading shows I need to modify the PH, I confirm this by testing the water by using strips or solutions and then if required add the PH up or PH down treatment. The readings are not to be relied on and are indication only. The only down side is the continual crashing of the site and program that seneye provide. I use firefox and a program called "restart" as recommended but it still goes down. I can wait 4 hours for a reading to register on the iphone or panel from the web site, so don't expect instantaneous readings being displayed. Today I have had no readings for the last 24 hours it appears the site has gone down yet again.

They have introduced a new program and so far so good with no system crashes

Back
Top Bottom