Setting Up A Tank :s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
Its not that I am loosing interest in the hobby but I am thinking about selling the majority of my tanks. This is because as use guys will be aware you never seem to get anything done lol. Well I dont; as a start a task such as a 'fully planted discus tank' but i get offered another tank so i accept it etc .. then this means there is another thing added on my fish 'To Do List!' LOL. So I want to reduce my numbers in order to concentrate on a small number of tanks. This will also give me the chance to enjoy the hobby much more because at the minute I dont get much viewing time lol.

Therefore I want one Freshwater tank and one Salt Water tank.

I was originally planning on getting one of the nano systems but the opportunity has arisen for me to convert a Juwel Tank (Freshwater) into a saltwater tank, as my main show tank in the house. So How can I do this ?

I am not sure if these tanks are available in the USA, but they have a built in filter and heater and lights in the hood. I am aware that the usual box filter in freshwater will not do in the s/w so what do i put in the compartments instead of the sponges. I plan on having live rock in the tank not sure on the ammount. I also plan on have a deep sand bed of live sand to also act as part of my filtration. I am also considering a small protein skimmer. I am aware of the water chemistry and cycle etc I think, but the only issue which is stressing me out is the lighting as I want some soft corals such as zoo's etc...
At the moment the lighting in the tank is 30 Watts.

The tank szie is 36" x 18" x 12" so therefore it is 29g (UK) or 33g (US)
Therefore I think corals etc are out of the picture :(.

Back
Top Bottom