Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
46 bowfront with a 20 long sump. First 6k I ordered to heavily seed my tank for my mandarin over the first 2 months and the last 4k have been add ons with other orders. Got my mandarin 2 months after cycling by the way and 6 months later he's still very happy which wouldn't have been possible without introducing such a large pod population lol :)

Oh ya and a bottle of tiger pods from my lfs "wet pets" which after introducing them to my system never seen another one :/

Just for the record reefs2go had great pods. I have ordered few times and have been very happy. Try to put them in after lights out. Will have a much better survival rate.

Mrc8858 said:
Oh ya and a bottle of tiger pods from my lfs "wet pets" which after introducing them to my system never seen another one :/

You go to wetpets? I thought you were from west virginia lol? That's like 15 minutes away from me.

Agreed on reefs2go's pods. It is all I've been happy with in terms of them. My next order of pods will be a pretty large one...maybe up in the 10k area. The 2k won't last too long imo...hopefully a month...?

needmorecowbell said:
You go to wetpets? I thought you were from west virginia lol? That's like 15 minutes away from me.

I am in WV wet pets is only like 40 mins away from me little closer then aquaworld but not much

Sniperhank said:
My closest LFS is 30 min away and I don't even want to go to them...I know the feeling of a drive for the tank!

I drove an hour an 10 mins to meet Adam and then another hour to get my reactor and those new corals from jerry at slipperyrockcorals.com for over a 2 hour trip home Sunday... :x lol

Yep like I told Adam Sept 13th and he's got like a $12k shipment from Thailand I believe which will be available and only customs touch it so no big wholesaler or anything keeping all the prize pieces. When I was there he actually had two pieces from the phillipines that had tiny lobos on them which aren't suppose to be harvested but at the time they must have been nearly microscopic. I mean even by the time I seen them they were like the size of a dime lol

No having to make an appointment? Man...i work 7-3 on thurs...i could make it a day trip for some coral. Dont know where itd go in the tank...maybe time to convert the 36!

I think its by appointment only. He works out of his basement. I contacted him for a used reactor on CL not knowing it was him until I started to speak to him on the phone.

Sniperhank said:
Well, my own laziness will save me and my pocketbook here. My 55 is so full and I've spent so much money on the tank this month.

And this is why a frag tank is next for me :)... tanks of just corals for my pleasure since I'm right around a colony per gallon on my 46 lmao

Mrc8858 said:
I am in WV wet pets is only like 40 mins away from me little closer then aquaworld but not much

Wow, I wish i woulda just met you there and saved you some time then. I guess it woulda took you longer to get to slippery rock then though.

needmorecowbell said:
Wow, I wish i woulda just met you there and saved you some time then. I guess it woulda took you longer to get to slippery rock then though.

Slippery rock corals has a great selection i havnt heard a compliant yet i just need to make it over there!

And my hamilton LEDs arrived!
img_2065210_0_4e78d2d917a8ebdc10b213e226fea14d.jpg

img_2065210_1_87ce751135bb8bfd357218c485865746.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom