Something attached to my goby and killed it.. Any suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jen1234567

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am wondering if anyone can offer advice on what killed my goby. Here's whats going on. I set up my tank, purchased some live sand, live rock from a local store. Threw a couple starter fish in and allowed the tank to cycle. When all the levels came down and were
Normal I went and got a few more snails, a cleaner shrimp and a pearly jawfish goby. Everything was great till last night
When I saw my goby laying on the bottom of
The tank, dead, with this isopod( I googled and found out that's what is is). I have the isopod in a container so its not in my tank anymore.
My question is.... How do I know if I have more Isopods? I was about to buY
A bunch of fish because I thought the tank was good but now I am afraid to. When I bought the rock, I put it immediately in my tank. I know know I should have cured it first:( it's been approx two months so it should be cured by now correct? Any advice on where to go from here will be helpful because
I'm not sure what to do. The two clownfish, damsels, snails and shrimp are all doing well and have been in the tank for a month. Thanks to anyone who replies to my long thread!!

They are bad they can get big and kill pretty big fish with there club you can hear it to its very powerfull something none of us with a reef would want and they are lightning fast hard.to catch

I've never heard of an isopod killing any fish... is it possible the fish died and the isopod came out to eat it? I don't think you will ever get an answer as to if there are others in your tank either. You may not know until something else has a problem.

How big was it?

Back
Top Bottom