Stupid LFS, Now I have another concern and question.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
So we bought some LR about a week and a half ago from the LFS, just enough to get us by in a 10gallon until we got our 50gallon up. Anyways, all we have in the 10gal tank is a regular cheap light. We went in and got more LR today to start cycling our 50gal and the lady told us that we needed a special light for the LR. So uh, is our other LR dead now? Or how long can they go without the proper lighting? She didn't know, of course. This LFS is really starting to agitate me, everything they have told us has been wrong so far.

no lights arent needed for lr i think you need to change lfs stores hehe

You dont need Any special Lights for your LR. No light at all even is fine from what ive been told :)

I been trying to get a hold of you on Yahoo! lol where are you???

Thanks guys! Now I dont have to worry about $75 of LR going to waste. This LFS's LR is insane, $8 a lb. For fiji rock it is cured in thier tank though.

Pufferowners said:
This LFS's LR is insane, $8 a lb. For fiji rock it is cured in thier tank though.
That’s about average and fair IMO when you consider the cost to have it shipped to you. Plus you got to “see it before you bought it” unlike most online sites. It probably will have very little die-off if any and will help cycle your tank a little bit faster as well.

My LFS doesnt waste good lighting on their LR. It is in a large tank (75?) and is growing all kinds of stuff on it. They also sell it for $4.99 a pound! Awesome huh? Ive gotten some nice sponges and featherdusters on mine.

Back
Top Bottom