tell me what i need

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Japola44

Aquarium Advice Freak
So a week a go maybe less, I posted asking about how small of a sw aquarium u can have. I am currently in the process of moving my fish that occupy my 20 gal fw tank into my 55 gal tank i jsut got. So in a few weeks i will be left with an empty 20 gal long tank. I'm still debating if i should keep it to breed guppies who will be fed on ocassion to my bichir senegal. My other thought is to make it a small sw tank.

So, i was wondering what i would need to set up a 20gal sw tank.

I wanted to get 2 black clown fish and a shrimp or two if i made it a sw tank.
I am new to the sw so feel free to elaborate on every single detail. haha :D

You can do it but remember the old saying Bigger is better. Why not make the 55 the salt water tank. Good starter size IMO

I need the 55 gal for my bichir(adult size of 12") and my black ghost knife fish (adult size of 20"). I also have my 55 gal started and running i just added my gourami's in it today. I'm pretty happy with it. :D Also i want to keep it small cuz worst case if i can't handle it i know a teacher at my school would be very happy to take in my poor lil sw fishies haha.

I`ve got some bad news for you then. No 12 inch or 20 inch fish belongs in a 55 gallon tank.

Yeah, in the long run, you will want an even bigger tank than a 55 gal for them, but they're ok for now.

i've done my research bichir sensgals are just fine in a 55 gal and i plan on selling my black ghoust knife who grow rather slow any ways...

I would recommend you look into a 24 gal nano cube setup. It comes with built in filtration and lighting good enough for some nice soft corals. All you need after that is your testing materials, a heater, temp gauge, rock,sand, water and your ready to roll.

Back
Top Bottom