Together In A 72?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yellow Tang 2

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 72 bow front aquarium.My cyling process is going 2 start in December.After it is done i am going 2 get some clownfish because I do not want 2 put my main fish in there first because they may die.After for about 2 months I will get my main fish.I went to aquarium advice and they said a yellow tang,kole yellow tang,foxface,tassle filefish could get along in the same tank.So I was wondering after I get all my fish in there could I get a great seahorse-tank bread in my 72 without harming any of the fish or eating them?

Puffer together in a 72?

I have a 72 bow front aquarium.I am going 2 start the cyling process in DEC.After the cyling process I am going 2 get some clownfish first for about 2 months then I will get my main fish.So can a Saddle Valentini Puffer,Foxface,Yellow Tang,Tassle Filefish,Kole Yellow Eye Tang get along in a 72 bow?

I think all those fish in a 72 gallon seems like a bit much. I know the foxface and yellow tang can get a pretty good size. Most people say too, that two tangs in a smalelr tank usually arn't good. I'd probably just choose one tang and stick with the smaller fish.

This forum is for technical support. Moving this to the getting started forum in the SW area.

Merged with you other thread about the same subject. They need to be posted in the SW forums.

I have the exact same tank and I have a pair of clownfish, yellow tang, hippo tang and a 6 line wrasse. My hippo tang is getting huge (I've had him for over 3 years) and the yellow tang isn't far behind him. I can see that I'll probably end up trading in the hippo because he's getting too large among other things......and the hippo and yellow tang don't always get along. I would really re-consider putting two tangs in this tank.

maybe the reason they are called hippo tangs if because the are the hippo size of the Tang species. Hippos are rather large animals

I have a 72 bow front aquarium.My cyling process is going 2 start in December.After it is done i am going 2 get some clownfish because I do not want 2 put my main fish in there first because they may die.After for about 2 months I will get my main fish.I went to aquarium advice and they said a yellow tang,kole yellow tang,foxface,tassle filefish could get along in the same tank.So I was wondering after I get all my fish in there could I get a great seahorse-tank bread in my 72 without harming any of the fish or eating them?

No you can't put seahorses in with the fish. They seahorses typically can't compete with the fish for food and will die.

Instead of a seahorse can I put a Saddle Valentini Puffer in my 72 ?

Back
Top Bottom