Top To Protect Jumpers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nxb161

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've seen it before, but where do I find it, It is the white plastic grate that people put on top of their tanks to prevent fish from jumping out. I think I've heard someone say that they sell it at Lowes or HomeDepot, but I don't know what you'd call it, or what department. Can anyone help, thanks!

Thanks, I take it that it should be a stock item, huh? How does that stuff affect the light quality?

if the fish you are trying to keep from jumping are smaller than the holes, they will still jump out. they actually aim for the holes.
another option is building a wooden frame to fit the tank and stretching bridal veil over it. it's pretty good at letting light through also.

I'll have to take a good look at him and see. For now I have the egg crate in place, and it looks pretty good. If it is smaller I could always put some veil on the crate until it gets bigger. Its a yellow watchman that I'm worried about jumping.

Back
Top Bottom