Topoff water.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bckane

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 13 gal rubbermaid container with my topoff R/O water on a autofloat switch to my sump....question do I neeed to put a aerator in the container.?

I would say no. I have the same setup and don't have an aerator. I think the water is being added at such a slow rate it doesn't matter.

bckane, can you describe/show a pic of your auto-topoff system? Where did you get the float switch? How is it hooked up?

20 20 said:
bckane, can you describe/show a pic of your auto-topoff system? Where did you get the float switch? How is it hooked up?

sure here's a picture of the float switch...in my container I place a maxi-jet 1200

links removed for Bandwidth limit exceeded...sorry

Why do you have a bulkhead on your container of FW instead of just running the tube up and over the rim? Just curious if there is some reason for it that I never thought of.

Also, how long have you been running your auto-topoff? I have a different kind and the sensor is a bit unreliable (had one minor flood already). Over time my water level in the sump just keeps creeping up (water level sensor saying not enough water when there is already too much).

Gatorfreak said:
Why do you have a bulkhead on your container of FW instead of just running the tube up and over the rim? Just curious if there is some reason for it that I never thought of.

Also, how long have you been running your auto-topoff? I have a different kind and the sensor is a bit unreliable (had one minor flood already). Over time my water level in the sump just keeps creeping up (water level sensor saying not enough water when there is already too much).

Why did I use a bulkhead...for looks...plus its a $1.00 part
Ive only been running my autotop off for a couple of days now......my water level stays....at my set level.......no problems so far...very happy with the preformance

Back
Top Bottom