Upgrading my skimmer today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonForce

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got a nice gift certificate to a LFS down here in socal. I thought I would use the extra money to purchase either a coral life super skimmer 65 or 125.

I figure since I don't have a sump, the extra kick of the 125 would do some justice. Any thoughts or comments?

Mu buddy recently got one of them for his 30g, Im not sure which one it was though. It will take a couple of day or more untill you get it working to it full potential but once its there it works great. My buddy is always dumping the collection cup. They are a very nice skimmer. Good Luck

I’d also go with the higher one since more is usually always better in case you want to upgrade down the road.

It’s a shame you didn’t get a visa gift card so you could use it anywhere other than your lfs. That’s all I ask for now :D

My lfs sells the same Coralife Super Skimmer 125 model for $229.00 when I can get it online for $139.99 plus shipping :roll:

I hope your lfs isn’t so greedy. If so you may still want to order it online and save the gift certificate for something else.

Back
Top Bottom