Upgrading tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starky1963

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Upgrading my 120ltr marine tank for a 400 ltr running with 2 external filters what should I use in them and should both have the same TIA

Can you tell us more about what you are planning on doing with the system?
You will need powerheads in the system for water circulation.

Hi sniperhank,

I already run a reef tank so I have just about everything I need including power heads, more live Rock reserved at lfs. Going to run two externals on my new system, I was thinking live rock rubble in the bottom of both then carbon in one and Rowaphos in the other. Does that sound ok.

If you are using 1 lbs per gallon with live rock, you won't need to have any rubble. In terms of running media, it is pretty inefficient to run them in HOB type filters.

If you are using 1 lbs per gallon with live rock, you won't need to have any rubble. In terms of running media, it is pretty inefficient to run them in HOB type filters.

Sorry not hob type full external canister filters

Canisters won't run media much better. Media like GFO are best run in a reactor.
But with all of that aside, is there a reason you are running phosphate reduction media before knowing if there is a phosphate issue?

Back
Top Bottom