Water circulation in a 55 gal. salt swim tank,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

M Rako

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Its been about 6, or 7 years since I tore down my 5 saltwater tanks, and I used to think I knew it all. Funny how time changes everything.!
My problem is water circulation... Too much, not enough!!!! My 55 gal swim tank with two Millenium 550 pwr. heads (for circulation ) My penguin 330 bio-wheel pwr. filter does Ok, but it just doesn't seem to be enough current throughout the whole tank, I recently tried putting my Rio 4HF hyper flow pwr. head in with only one of my other pwr heads, and it seems too much! anyone out there got something for this Circulation confusion! :?:

What makes you think its too much circulation? What fish, corals, or inverts do you have. Depending the type of livestock it might be too much or too little.

HTH

My 55 gal. was started on 4/30/05, and as of 5/05/05 I'm thru my nitrification cycle. I have A fire tomato clown, candy shrimp, arrow crab, and a Condi. anemone that my tomato clown loves!
My intentions for this tank, is to have a nice peacefull community. A couple pigmy angel's, and maybe a blue tang, and poss. 3-5 blue chromies.

So again, what makes you think that you have too much or too little, specifically for you?

My 55G took 2 1/2 months to stock. I only use one powerhead, two wall hung filters, and a protein skimmer. It seems fine

Back
Top Bottom