What should I do with my tanks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
My new plan has not really worked out as I wanted. I recently purchased a 72g bowfront and have a 110g reef tank. Also I a few other tanks but they're not factoring into this decision.

The new 72G bowfront was to be a FO tank but the fish I want are going to get too big for it. I currently have a porcupine puffer and would like to get a clown trigger and a Harlequin Tusk. This summer I planned on upgrading my 110g to a 150 because of it's an odd shape and there are a fair number of scratches on it but don't know what to do now? Should I just sell the 72g and get another 150 for the three aggressive fish? I spend a ton of money on the tank/stand/canopy/lights/pumps etc... I guess I could use the lighting/pumps/etc on the next tank so I"d only be loosing money on the tank/stand/canopy.

*I would actually love to have a Queen Trigger, but I know they get huge!*

I would actually love to have a Queen Trigger, but I know they get huge

They are also one of the meanest fish on the planet.

The fish you mentioned would need a minimum of a 125 or 150, but could be housed as juveniles in a 72g for maybe close to a year. Depends on how big they are when you get them I guess. I don't know what I would do ina situation like that, I've never been known for getting rid of tanks, just aquiring them, LOL.

reefrunner69 said:
The fish you mentioned would need a minimum of a 125 or 150, but could be housed as juveniles in a 72g for maybe close to a year. Depends on how big they are when you get them I guess.

Porcupine is about 3.5-4 inches, I"m trying to get a tindy clown around 1-2 inches and all the Australian tusks I see are a minimum of 4 inches. Maybe I'll just keep them in the 72 for a while and then upgrade that tank next year?

reefrunner69 said:
I don't know what I would do ina situation like that, I've never been known for getting rid of tanks, just aquiring them, LOL.

LOL, yeah I would love to add another tank but my 6 already take sooo much time just with maintance :? Don't know what to do!? Maybe I'll get rid of a couple of the smaller tanks and then buy a 125 for these agressive fish?

Back
Top Bottom