What would happen if i did this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordo124

Aquarium Advice Activist
What if i just put the live rock in my 29 gallon tank whlie its in a fishless cycle?

Then you just made it easier for yourself because you don't have to cure the rocks before adding it to an established tank.

Oh really? Ibthought that we just had to cure the rockes even if you're just cycling the tank...

MrPillow said:
You can use the ammonia released from the die-off to help fuel your fishless cycle.

What about dry live fiji rock? What would happen if i used that instead of live rock? What do i have to do?

Using dry rock will make your cycle take a bit longer. Using live rock tends to speed up the process.

If you use dry rock I'd soak it to get junk off of it. I'd still add an ammonia source regardless of which rock you use.

About how long will it take to cycle WITH the ammonia source?

Regardless of which rock, you NEED to have an ammonia source. Die off from live rock won't cut it.

Cycle time depends on the rock amount, tank size, flow, and many other factors. It can take a month or two to cycle your tank.

Regardless of which rock, you NEED to have an ammonia source. Die off from live rock won't cut it.

Cycle time depends on the rock amount, tank size, flow, and many other factors. It can take a month or two to cycle your tank.

+1
There is no formula. Only factors that speed up the process or slow down the process.

Back
Top Bottom