What would you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I guess it was bound to happen..... it's close to outgrowing the tank.

Yep the toadstool is so huge that when my husband goes to change the water he has to make sure he doesn't take it down too low . The Toadstool leather is about 2 inches from the top of the water now, it is attached to two huge rocks. We are thinking of just taking the 40 that is upstairs and the 29 and getting another bigger tank and merging them. The 29 is doing real well with the exception of that dang red slime but it's not as bad as it used to be. Our problem is, space, SO, we were thinking a hex because of where we have the tank positioned it's really hard to really put anything else. I know some people would just frag the leather but because it's hosted by our clown and it's just so dang beautiful we just can't bring ourselves to do it.

I guess what I'm getting at is, what would you do? I can see it now, FRAG IT! :roll:

I included pics of the corner and it's the only corner we can put it in, so if anyone has suggestions we sure appreciate them!

Ok, that didn't work out right, I miss it showing which ones I've attached before I click on submit, oh well, here's a pic of our corner where we have the tank, thanks again for the help.

I don't think I could bring myself to fragging it. Simpy beautiful! But I see your quandry with location. Aren't Hex tanks hard enough to light without a huge umbrella throwinf a shadow on the rest of the tank? I really don't know anything about a hex, just what I have heard. More than anything I wanted to vote on keeping the stool in tact. BEAUTIFUL!

R-

LOL about the umbrella, it is!! Ok, what I'd really like to get is a real big one, anyone have a corner aquarium? I'm wondering if that would work... I'm having fun looking online at least.

I was just at a new LFS (Just opened today and will review it soon) and he had a nice 90g corner but it wa a true corner tank. I don't think it would work there. It woud be awesome if you could go custom! But very VERY expensive. Well unless you could do it yourself...

Hope it all works out for you.

Cut the head off, divide it in to 4 pieces and place them on small pices of LR with wedding vale and rubberbands. in a few weeks, you will have 5 new Toadstools.. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom