10 Gallon Stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

realdeal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Unfortunately my goldfish just died so I am looking to stock the tank with some community fish.

What are some of you recommendations?

The goldfish was too small for the 10 gallon tank. Just for future reference, because of the large bioloads they make, a minimum of 15 gallons is recommended for the first fish and then 5 gallons for every one after, generally with a large filter.

As for community fish, Harlequin Rasboras are always my fish of choice, but they need to be in a school I wouldn't recommend a 10 gallon tank as there is not enough swimming room. You might want to look into Nano Fish.

You could put maybe 8 neon tetras in there. Some of the smaller barbs would also work. Are there any particular fish you like or don't like?

As a change of pace from what everyone else is saying, I have a betta and 3 peppered cories in my 10g. Just a thought.

U like some platies mollies guppies. Or some neon tetras and cardinal.

Ive always heard a good target is 1" of fish per gallon is safe... maybe Im wrong, but thats the rule I follow and have had no problems

Back
Top Bottom