30 gallon community suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropical22

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I just started up a 30 gall tank just would like some suggestions.

Currently I have

3x balloon mollies 2f 1m
2x guppies
4xblack skirted Tetras
1 bristlenose pleco
4x ghost shrimp
2x mystery snails
1 kuhli loach, I plan to add a couple more

My question is I would like to add at least one bright colorful fish. From what I have read betta is not a good idea and I'm not sure about a gourami either. Any suggestions? Thanks!:)

Honey gourami or pearl gourami? Both are more peaceful than most of the other gouramis.

074Dqev.jpg

3QmBT4H.jpg

Wow Rams are beautiful! I think I will give my tank a month or two more and look for one in my area. I'm not sure if I have ever seen one because they look like the cichlids I automatically associate with aggressive.

The pearl gourami are really beautiful as well. If I went that route should I go for a pair or just one?

I have a 25 and one of my favorites is a albino bristlenose pleco. These fish are a type of sucker fish and they do a great job with plants and the glass. They get along with any fish including others of their own. Here is a picture.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1416081519830.jpg
    1416081519830.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 52
Thanks! I actually have a regular colored bristlenose , if I can find an albino I will definitely pick it up. Thinking about adding one male dwarf gourami. What do you think?

That would be a good addition I think. The bristlenose do really good. I have a baby for my 5 and 3 adult for my 25

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom