37 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rrpod

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a 37 gallon tank and I am about to start cycling. What are some good stocking combinations for a beginner? I like fish with color or personality. Thanks!

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with male guppies, neon tetras, and some panda corydoras.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't think neon tetras are good beginner fish. They're very delicate and sensitive to water quality. Glowlight tetras would be a better choice. I'd recommend looking on LiveAquaria.com. Just go to the freshwater fish area and there's a beginner fish section.

Small specimens might be delicate but in my experience most stores sell them at a good size. I've had both good and bad luck with neon so I can understand your concern. Glow lights definitely are another great option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks so much! Are there any larger fish I could have one of that wouldn't be aggressive?

Thanks so much! Are there any larger fish I could have one of that wouldn't be aggressive?

Bolivian Rams or a Pearl Gourami might be a good choice for bigger fish.

I have a 27 gal tank, and my favorite fish in it are the Buenos Aires Tetras. These schooling fish are silver w/ an orange and black tail. They are lively and will play with each other nonstop all day. They really make your tank seem full because they move around so much. I have 4 of them in a school.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! Those seem like some cool tetras. I will see if my LFS has any.

Back
Top Bottom