40 Gallon Hex From Oceanic ORDERED!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PK Tester

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What do you guys think about a filter for these things?

will a single Fluval 304 do? I really want somthing silent as it ends up this is now going to sit in a family room.

What substrate would you say? I was thinking about somthing alond the lines of tahitan moon sand...

I really want just low-light plants in this tank and some drift wood? Maybe? I'm not postive yet. I'd prefer some low light plants...that is all I know.

For heating...would a single 300 watt Visi-Therm do? The room can be a little cool so I would like it to be ale to rise more than just 5 above the room temp.

Is 2 150watt heaters better? 1 300 watt saves me a ton of money!

I have been crazy about this aquarium for weeks now, and I'm sorry about all the questions and changing my mind...but now I'm with this 40gallon contrast hex aquarium from oceanic and I hope it was a good choice!

Do any of you own any of the contrast line or an Oceanic tank? Are they really better as they claim?

And finally, the most important question, What should I stcok my aquarium with??

Well thanks to ANYONE who looks at this!!

Sorry about all the questions!

Filters are a matter of choice as to brand. I like bio wheels. As for fish, I have finally come to the conclusion that you should test your water for ph and hardness, then pick fish accordingly. Trying to adjust your water is a headache unless you want to invest ina ro setup. Check out big als for heaters. He has a house brand that are like 5 or 6 bucks. I just bought 2 and thay work fine. I like using 2 in case one fails. :D

Back
Top Bottom