55 Gallon Stocking Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris_

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here's whats in my aqaurium:

Amount Fish
1 Pleco
2 Pictus Catfish
1 African Leaf Fish

Here are some of my previously ideas decided not to do for various reasons. (Don't Recommend These Fish)
4 Angelfish
3 Bala Sharks
Acei and Lab

I want fish(s) that are 6-8in and I can find at Petsmart and Petco. Please they have to be compatible with my fish and give me lots of suggestions to choice from.

Chris

You could do 4 or 5 silver dollars if you want a largish fish.

Good idea not to do the 3 Bala's IMO, but why not the Angels ? Veil or super veils grow out nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Yeah I'm so Wishy washy, would 1 angel be fine or would 2 be better?

Chris

55 Gallon is way to small for Silver Dollars, if only I had a bigger aquarium

Chris

I always prefer to go 3 or more because I think it helps disperse the aggression issues if you wind up with multiples of the same sex. There's always the option to rehome them down the line when you figure out the one or two you'd really like to keep.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Veil angels are beautiful fish. Here is a link if you would like to check compatibility of all kinds of fish

http://www.liveaquaria.com/PIC/article.cfm?aid=21

They have charts and if you go to the site, there is a place where you can actually enter the specific fish you would like and it will chart them for you

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
{\fonttbl}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;}
}

Awesome chart thanks

Chris

We use it when we are considering new fish. It's so easy, just enter the fish you want and it will do the side by side comparison for water , temperament, ability to play well with others, aggression etc.

Lots of luck to you.
We look forward to hearing what kind of fish you ended up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Go for small clown loaches , they pretty and smart.Also you can keep bosemani rainbow or killifish. They will add beauty to your tank .

Back
Top Bottom